BoardPackager does not support password-protected documents at this time. You'll know if your document is password protected if you get this error message:
Here's a brief overview of how to remove password protection from your documents before uploading listed by software type:
Adobe Acrobat Reader
(Windows and Mac)
• Select the Secure button  in the main interface and from the menu.
• Then select Remove Security.
• When prompted, enter the password of the document and select OK to remove the password.
• Once the password is removed, you will have to Re-save the document.
• Drag any password protection PDF file into Google Chrome Browser.
• When prompted, enter the password and select Enter to open the file.
• Go to the File menu in Google Chrome and choose Print (or press Ctrl+P on windows or Cmd+P on Mac).
• Choose the destination printer as Save as PDF
• Select Save.
• Open the encrypted PDF file in Preview.
• Enter the password to gain access to the document (you must unlock the document to be able to remove the password from the PDF file)
• Choose the File menu and select Save or Save As
• Save the file as a PDF. Be sure to leave the encryption button unchecked.
• If you save over the existing file it will remove the password from the document. Alternatively, you can save the file with a new file name to create a new secondary PDF file without password protection
• Open the encrypted document
• Enter the password to gain access to the document (you must first unlock the document to be able to remove the password from the file).
• Go to File, then Info, then Protect Document, then Encrypt with Password.
• Clear the password in the password box, and then click OK.