There are two formats to use when completing documentation.
The Fill Out Form is one of them, allowing you to tab through and quickly type into the blue fields already laid out for you within the documents. This mode is not always available, in which you will then need to use Overlay Text, as described below.
The Sign & Edit is the other, and is used for adding signatures, custom text fields, highlighting, and redacting. These additions may be added to any document within the platform - including your own uploaded forms!
Once you've opened a document by clicking on the Fill In and Sign icon within any Requirement, you may proceed to fill in, edit, and sign the document - as guided below.
First, ensure you are within the document you wish to fill out.
Fill Out Form Mode
Then - you may use this view to enter text into form fields.
• Towards the top of your screen, click on the Fill Out Form button.
• Click on the blue (sometimes gray) fields to complete the form.
• You may tab from field to field, or select a new field with your mouse/cursor.
*Note - you may only see the typed information in the blue/gray fields within this format.
Meaning - all additions made under the Sign & Edit Mode will become invisible during Fill Out Form Mode
Sign & Edit Mode
• Select the Sign & Edit button towards the top of your screen (previewed below)
• Click on the Tool that you wish to use, and then click on the document where you'd like it to appear.
The Tools that will show up (previewed above) include:
- Overlay Text
Clicking on any of the above-mentioned tools will enable you to use them and edit any previously added additions.
For all tools - please ensure that you have clicked on and are using the Sign & Edit Mode.
Overlay Text Tool
Use this tool to add text anywhere on a document.
If Fill Out Form is not available, you must use the Overlay Text tool to enter text.
• Select the Overlay Text button below the format options, then click on the document.
• The Overlay Text Editor appears and you can proceed to enter text into the blue box. You can change the font type, size, color, and style as needed.
• Adjust placement of the text by clicking and dragging from anywhere within the Text Box.
• To revise any Text Box on the document, click on anywhere within the chosen Text Box. Make the necessary changes as needed.
Back to Requirements
Requirements Navigator / Form Selector
Please keep in mind, all edits made with our tools can be changed at any later time by opening the document and selecting the same tool. This will show you all edits on that page with the respective tool and allow you to change, make new edits, delete, etc.