• The Requirements page lists all of the requirements for the application in the exact order, with all the respective documents and forms that the Property Management is requiring provided in each respective requirement.
• Each document in a requirement has several icons to the right of the document name:
• Select the Fill In and Sign icon to open the document to fill in, edit and/or sign. Once you've opened the document, feel free to click here for instructions on how to use our tools and to fill in the document/form.
• Select the Edit Label icon on any uploaded document to change the name.
Please note: You may not change the name of pre-loaded documents.
• Select the Copy Document icon to duplicate a file.
• Duplicate files may be necessary in the case of multiple applicants.
• The duplicated file will appear as the last document within that Requirement. You may then select the Edit Label icon to rename the file if needed.
• Select Preview or Download icon to preview the current state of the document and to download it if needed.
• Locate the downloaded file on your computer where your browser is set to save internet downloads.
• Select the Delete Form icon to delete a document.
• Select the Upload icon to upload documents from your computer to the respective requirement.
• Select the Upload button, within any Requirement, to upload additional documents to the Requirement.
• Once you've clicked on the Upload button, you will see an Add Document to Requirement pop up box appear.
• Within this window, click on the Drop files here to upload, or click to browse box to open the Explorer window (on a PC), or the Finder window (on a Mac), and search for the file(s) on your computer to upload.
• You may also drag a document from your computer to the icon and it will upload the document directly.
• You can also see the documents in your Library listed on the bottom of the pop up window. Click on the Attach button to upload the document to the Requirement section.
Please note: BoardPackager cannot accept password-protected documents at this time. Please remove any password protection before uploading to the system. If you'd like more information about how to remove passwords from documents, please see our Password Protected Documents article.
• Initially, the Locked/Unlocked toggle button is in the Unlocked position.
• After you have reviewed a requirement, and deem that it's complete and done, click on the Unlocked button and it will move to the Locked position.
• When you have Locked the requirement, you prevent any participant from editing, uploading and/or deleting any documents in that requirement.
• Additionally, when you have Locked all of the requirements in your package, you will then see the Generate Package button become active.
• Proceed to click on the Generate Package button, which will compile all of the requirements section into a fully complete digital application package, including the Table of Contents and all dividers.
• After you've invited participants into the package, you will be able to communicate with them through the Comments Area by clicking on the Comments icon in any of the requirements.
• Once you've clicked on the icon, you will see a messaging box expand below.
• You can proceed to click on the Select Person icon , which will provide a drop down list of the participants you can choose to communicate with.
• After selecting the participant(s), you can proceed with typing in your comment.
• Once complete, click on Post button and this will leave the comment for the participant(s) when they are viewing the requirement. In addition, an email notification will be sent to the participant(s) notifying them that a comment was posted to them.
Keep in mind, when the Package Processor(s) needs any corrections or edits to be done to a submitted package, they will use the Comments Area to communicate the correction to you. You can then follow the instructions here on how to update your package with the newly made corrections or edits.
Sharing & Permissions
• To be able to invite and share a package with a participant, first make sure the participant(s) you want to invite into your package are listed in the 1. Deal Parties section of the package with their full name and email address.
• Then, within the 2. Requirements section of the package, on the right side bar, under the Sharing & Permissions heading, you will see the individual(s) listed, each with a key to the right of their name.
• Select the keyto add Buyers, Sellers, other Brokers, or Attorneys into the application package.
• Once you've clicked on the key for the respective participant, a box will appear that offers two options - Share All Requirements with the selected individual or to individually Select Requirements to Share with the selected individual.
• Once you've decided on what to share with this participant, click on the Send button and this will send an email notification to the participant inviting them to join the package and providing a link to create their password for their own account. Their key will turn to orange, indicating that the package is being shared with this individual.
• You can always change the shared requirements for the participant by clicking on the individual's key and changing which requirements are selected, then clicking on Save to update the new requirement permissions for that individual.
• You can always remove access for any individual to the package by clicking on their key and selecting Remove Share.
Please note: You must enter AT LEAST a full name and email address in the Deal Parties page, so that they appear in the Sharing & Permissions section, and to potentially invite them to the package